The importance of stretching before and after a workout can often be overlooked. However, proper stretching can prove vital for both injury reduction and for helping to ease soreness after exhaustive workout programs.This is where equipment like the Precor Stretch Trainer come into play.
The purpose of this article is to offer a definitive Precor Stretch Trainer review. It will cover things like its main functions, the pros & cons, and offer a final word on the product. Continue reading to learn more about the Precor Stretch Trainer in this review.
Features & Functions of the Precor Stretch Trainer
The first section of our Precor Stretch Trainer review covers the main features and functions of the equipment. The Precor Stretch Trainer is designed for whole body stretching exercises in a comfortable seated position. Let’s begin by discussing the stretching positions that the Precor Stretch Trainer offers.
The Precor Stretch Trainer offers a full-body stretch routine that is composed of eight easy to follow routines on the machine’s placard. These routines are meant to be followed in succession and can all be accomplished from the seated position with the exception of the quadriceps.
Precor Stretch Trainer Stretching Techniques
- Lower back.
- Gluteals and hips.
- Hips, legs, and back.
- Inner thigh and groin.
- Upper back.
The routine is easy to follow, and the transition between positions is seamless. This is due to the ergonomically designed nature of the machine and the added security that the included wrist straps offer. Once in a seated position, the chair glides back and forth easily as you transition between the positions detailed on the placard.
As far as design is concerned, the unit is relatively small and measures 52 inches x 28 inches x 36 inches. However, it does weigh a bit due to its sturdy construction. The total weight after assembly is roughly 60 pounds and the frame includes a five-year manufacturer’s warranty.
In terms of comfort, the Precor Stretch Trainer features upholstered seats that provide just the right amount of cushion and are very easy to keep clean by simply wiping them down before and after each use. As for purchasing, you can find the Precor Stretch Trainer on Amazon.
Precor Stretch Trainer Pros and Cons
It is time to discuss the Precor Stretch Trainer pros and cons. We are going to focus on the main pros and cons associated with the product. This section will detail important elements like warranty period, ease of use, comfort, and more.
Precor Stretch Trainer Advantages
- Ergonomically Designed: One of the units best features that we will discuss in this Precor Stretch Trainer article is its ergonomic design. The position of the seat and handlebars is very convenient. Due to that, your shoulders, elbows, and knees rest at natural angles during the stretching process. This helps to facilitate more effective stretching when in use.
- Durable Frame: Another great feature that is worth mentioning about the Precor Stretch Trainer is the durable frame construction. The frame itself is made of strong metal parts and is covered by a five-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Easy Routine: The easy to follow stretching routine is another feature that is worth mentioning. The placard illustrates eight different positions that are designed to be completed in succession. Each position is easy to complete and flows naturally as you progress through the routine.
- Comfortably Padded: The padding on the seat provides just the right amount of comfort. Also, it is very easy to care for. You simply need to wipe it down before and after each use.
- Compact Design: The compact design is another great thing about the Precor Stretcher. The unit fits comfortably in a variety of spaces and is perfect for small homes, apartments, and condos.
Precor Stretch Trainer Disadvantages
- Not Foldable: One major drawback to the Precor Stretch Trainer that needs mentioning is that it does not fold up after assembly. It does have a compact design. This means it needs a set area where it will stay at all times. This limits its use for those of us who do not have a dedicated workout space.
- Heavy Design: While the frame design is quite durable, it does come at a cost. When fully assembled, the unit weighs approximately 60 pounds. This can create a problem if the machine needs to be moved for those who are in poor physical health.
- Assembly Required: Another drawback of the Precor Stretch Trainer is that the unit requires assembly at home. While it does have all the tools and parts necessary to complete the task, this process can prove daunting for many users. However, the assembly is available for an additional fee from the manufacturer.
- Short Upholstery Warranty: Another drawback that I must mention is the short warranty period on the upholstery. It only covers a 90-day manufacturer’s warranty. This is substantially shorter than both the 5-year frame and 2-year parts warranties.
Our Precor Stretch Trainer review has offered a summary of the unit and its best features and biggest drawbacks. In short, this unit is perfect for completing a set of full-body stretches before and after your workouts in a quick and efficient manner.
The ergonomic design helps users to comfortably navigate from position to position using the gliding seat. Moreover, it includes wrist straps for added security and stability. The padding provides just the right amount of comfort and is very easy to maintain by simply wiping down the equipment regularly.
However, there are some drawbacks like the short warranty period on upholstery. Also, the unit cannot be folded when not in use. With those elements in mind, the Precor Stretch Trainer is still an excellent choice for those seeking a way to effortlessly stretch before and after each workout. If you are looking for an effective piece of equipment for stretching, then you should try the Precor Stretch Trainer out for yourself.