The Bowflex Max Trainer M3 is one of the best ellipticals you can buy under $1,000. Costing $999, it is the entry-level machine in the Bowflex Max collection. One of its standout features is the eight levels of resistance you can choose from to adjust the intensity of your workout. This makes the Bowflex Max Trainer M3 suitable for all fitness levels. Continue reading to learn more about the features, functions, advantages, and disadvantages of the Max Trainer M3.
Features & Functions of the Bowflex Max Trainer M3
- Adjustable resistance. The Bowflex Max Trainer M3 features eight levels of resistance that are easy to switch between with the dial on the handlebars. Although this machine is an entry-level model, it provides the opportunity to work out at very high-intensity levels. Not many ellipticals allow for as much intensity as the Max Trainer M3.
- Standard LCD/LED display screen. The gauge on the display screen is easy to read. It will show you clearly how many calories you’ve burned and your burn rate.
- Comes with a chest strap. You can use the chest strap that comes with the Max Trainer M3 to monitor your heart rate during workouts.
- Built-in workout programs. This elliptical trainer has two built-in workout programs to help get you started.
- Water bottle holder. The Bowflex Max Trainer M3 conveniently includes a water bottle holder, so you can keep your water close by while working out.
- Media shelf. The fitness machine also includes a media shelf in its design where you can store a music player or other device for entertainment during exercise.
- Stair stepper and elliptical in one. The functionality of a stair stepper and an elliptical are combined in this fitness machine.
- Two user profiles. The Bowflex Max Trainer M3 features two user profiles so that you can share the machine with a partner.
Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Pros and Cons
Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Advantages
- You can burn up to 2.5 times more calories with the Bowflex Max Trainer M3.
- The Bowflex Max Trainer M3 engages the upper body 80% more than other fitness machines.
- The elliptical has a large amount of power and drive that help to challenge you.
- This fitness machine has almost zero impact, making it gentle on your knees and joints. With the Bowflex Max Trainer M3, your joints endure 200% less impact than when running.
- People who are up to 300 lbs can safely use this elliptical trainer.
- The two built-in workout programs give you less room to make excuses as to why you haven’t started using the elliptical trainer. Some people spend a lot of money on a fitness machine and then either never use it or workout on it rarely. Occasionally working out won’t deliver the results you want. You must be consistent to stay in good health and reach your fitness goals. If you procrastinate because you don’t know how to do something, then the Max Trainer M3 eliminates that problem by including two workout programs.
- According to Elliptical Reviews, they have confirmed that Bowflex only uses real customer testimonials in their commercials. There are no paid actors in their advertising. This will help ensure you of the validity of what customers have said about the machine.
- Its compact size allows it to fit in small home gyms. The machine measures 46″ L x 25″ W x 63″ H.
- Beginners, intermediate, and advanced users can all benefit from the Bowflex Max Trainer M3 because it offers eight resistance levels.
- It comes with a chest strap monitor to track your heart rate. Chest strap monitors are more accurate than contact grip heart rate monitors.
Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Disadvantages
- If you’re used to seeing a large display screen while working out on an elliptical, then you may have trouble adjusting to the Max Trainer M3 in the beginning because its display screen is smaller. However, you may find quickly that this isn’t a big deal.
- The Max Trainer M3 doesn’t have as many features as newer models.
- This elliptical trainer has a short warranty. Your machine is only covered for one year.
- There’s no iPod connection or speakers, a feature many look for in an elliptical. However, there is a media shelf to compensate for not having that feature. You can easily set up your own device to play music.
- There are a few negative customer reviews about the Bowflex Max Trainer M3. One of the issues reported by customers who gave negative reviews is the noisiness of the machine. On Amazon, one user explained that his Max Trainer M3 started to make a “horrible squeaking sound.”
- You must assemble the machine or pay someone to assemble it.
To Conclude With
The Bowflex Max Trainer M3 is a great fitness machine to buy if you want something easy on your joints, relatively inexpensive, and easy to use. Those who suffer from knee, back, or other pain after running and other high impact exercises will love working out on this machine. It minimizes stress on your joints by 80%, so you can focus on your cardio workout without worrying about aches and pains.
The fitness machine is also easy to use and delivers results without much effort. Some customers said that they only use the machine 10-15 minutes five days per week and have noticed results. The Bowflex Max Trainer M3 stands out from other machines in its category because it offers a total of eight resistance levels. This makes it suitable for people of all fitness levels, whether you’re new to working out or have been consistently exercising for years.
What’s most important to you in an elliptical trainer? Does the Bowflex Max Trainer M3 look like a good machine for you to use? If you have experience exercising with this fitness machine, let us know what you liked and/or didn’t like about the Max Trainer M3.