If you’re into fitness, you’ve probably already heard of Tony Horton before. Horton is a fitness instructor best known for creating the blockbuster P90X workout program. Today, Horton has a new product that’s gaining a great deal of attention in the fitness community. This program is called the 10 Minute Trainer Workout and, like the name suggests, the entire routine only takes 10 minutes each day. This program is specifically targeted at people who are either new to fitness or just want to lose weight fast. People who purchase this DVD kit get everything they need to start exercising on day one. But is the 10 Minute Trainer right for you? In this article, we’ll take a look at some of pros and cons so you can decide whether or not you should invest in the 10 Minute Trainer.
Features and Functions of 10 Minute Trainer
– As mentioned above, you get everything you need in this DVD kit to begin training right away. There’s a total of six workouts on two DVDs, all of which are only 10 minutes each in length. Although you can just watch one exercise per day, Horton often encourages you to add one or two routines once you get better at these exercises.
– A resistance band kit and a cardio belt are included in this kit. They help you with certain exercises. These products were designed to enhance your workout routines and better tone your body.
– To keep you on track, Horton includes a workout calendar, some “on-the-go” workout cards, and healthy eating guides. The calendar tells you useful fitness tips to keep in mind, and it allows you to write in your own fitness goals. Although no actual food is included in this kit, you’ll learn all about healthy eating in the brief healthy eating guideline included here. And, since everyone is on the move nowadays, Horton included a brief guide to incorporating the 10 minute program into your busy life which he calls his “on-the-go” workout cards.
– 10 Minute Trainer doesn’t require a specific space to exercise in. This DVD program was designed to work in any area that has a decent amount of space and access to a TV.
10 Minute Trainer Pros and Cons
10 Minute Trainer Advantages
– One of the major advantages of the 10 Minute Trainer is time. With a name like “10 Minute Trainer,” you’d expect the major selling point to be time, right? Each of these exercises really does last for only 10 minutes. Alsomthey are at a high enough intensity that they will help you burn fat over time. Since each exercise targets a different area of the body, you’ll be strengthening your entire system every day. The 10 minute routines make it easy even for the busiest people to incorporate this program into their daily lives.
– Another nice feature about this program is the ability to ramp up your difficulty without much hassle. Once you get better at these routines, you may feel comfortable doing two or three 10 minute workouts in just one day. All you have to do is keep the DVD running to move on to the next workout.
– Of course, exercising is only one part of a healthy lifestyle. Everyone nowadays knows the importance of eating the right foods, especially when on an exercise program. The healthy eating guide included in this kit will help compliment your 10 minute workouts. There’s no need to be worried, however, because Horton’s eating guidelines don’t assume you’re a vegetarian. You’ll still be able to eat many of the foods you like. However, you’ll be a whole lot smarter about what you choose to put in your body.
– 10 Minute Trainer was designed mainly for people who feel like they have almost no time in their daily schedule for a workout routine. Horton understands that the vast majority of Americans are overworked and overstressed. That’s why Horton included the “on-the-go” cards to keep you motivated even when you are extremely busy.
– One great feature of this product is the fact that you don’t have to purchase any weights or other devices. Everything you need is right in here. As long as you have a good deal of space and a TV screen, you’re all set to exercise with Horton.
– Most fitness trainers believe this product is better than both running and jogging for promoting overall physical fitness. Since each exercise works a different area of the body, and since all of the exercises are fairly intense, this will help sculpt and strengthen your core muscles while also giving you a great cardio exercise.
10 Minute Trainer Disadvantages
– The main disadvantage people have with the 10 Minute Trainer program is the cost. This product is generally around $95 on most websites. Although you don’t have to spend any money on additional training equipment, this price tag is still quite steep for a DVD set.
– Some critics believe the 10 Minute Trainer is a great product for beginners, but useless for intermediate or advanced trainers. This DVD course’s main purpose is to suit the lifestyle of both busy people and people who lack motivation. This is a great way to get off the couch and get moving. Still, it’s not the be-all and end-all of fitness training. If you’re already heavily involved in fitness training and can motivate yourself, you may want to skip this program.
– Some people who have used this product complain that the instructions given during the exercises are too difficult for beginners to follow. Since the lessons have to fit in 10 minutes, there’s not as much information about technique in each of these sessions. Some people recommend watching all of these training sessions once through before joining in. This will help you observe Horton’s technique. Furthermore, it gives you a clearer sense of what you should be doing in each session.
So, if you are a couch potato who wants to get in shape quickly and without going to the gym, 10 Minute Trainer may be for you. Of course, you’ll only get as much out of this program as you put into it. While doing 10 minutes a day is fine, it won’t get you the results of someone who puts in 30 minutes every day. This product suits people who need motivation. It makes them start their fitness journey. Moreover, it’s not intended for people at advanced stages of training. If you have an extremely busy lifestyle, or if you just want to shed some excess weight quickly, you should take a deeper look at what 10 Minute Trainer has to offer.